Thursday, May 6, 2010

ARBITRARY ATTITUDE OF DISHTV

I purchased a Dishtv connection on 06/11/2006 through Paras Image Associates, Preet Vihar,  which was activated on 17/11/2006.  Since then I have been paying the quarterly/half-yearly subscription regularly, and my renewal date has always been 17th of the respective month. Lately, I paid half-yearly subscription of Rs.2,000/- vide Paras Image receipt No.052 dated 07/11/09 for period 17/11/09 to 16/05/10.

From first week of April, I started getting SMS messages, message on the TV screen that my subscription was due on 26/04/10.  I was surprised, and contacted Paras Image, who after checking with Dishtv, told me that  we ordered on 09/12/09 the paid UTV channel @   Rs.28/- per month charge, and the due date was advanced to cover the rental of the channel. It was a shock, as neither I nor any member of my family ordered al-a-carte' UTV channel.  I contact Paras Image again and also Customer Care of Dishtv and explained that no one from  my family order the paid UTV channel.  After a protracted discussion, they revised the subscription date to 06/05/10.  In order to avoid any hassle, I accepted that date. 
 
In the meantime, I paid my subscription of Rs.3,200/- (for ten months, two months free under a Dishtv shcme) for period 07/05/2010 to 06/05/2011, vide Paras Image receipt No.002 dated 24/04/2010.  It was the shock of the day, when I received a message from Customer Care of Dishtv that as per their daily billing process my renewal due date was 01/05/2010.  Now, no one is prepared to listen to me.  'My Account' on TV screen says subscription due date is 06/05/10,  email received from Customer Care (Mr Ankit Jain) on 26/04/10 also confirmed that the renewal date was 06/05/2010.  On every step, there is contradiction in their statements; no one is prepared to listen.  I am sure, there would be many more Dishtv customers like me who are suffering in the hands of Dishtv.  Dishtv management should look into this dictatorial attitude of its staff. 
 
The connection is in my son, Adarsh Gupta's name.  I am not giving my VC number to avoid any further dirty trick by Dishtv with my connection.
 
 
Ram Gupta
General Secretary
Priyadarshini Vihar RWA
+91-98104 02897

2 comments:

  1. I will give you the email id of Dishtv customer care, Just mail your concern their for quick resolution of your complaint along with your complete details like VC No, Address and contact Number.

    Email id: customercare@dishtv.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your concern. We have already mailed the complaint to customer care.

    Regards

    RWABhagidari blog

    ReplyDelete