Thursday, June 21, 2012

Power Tariff

It is pity that the Delhi Govt. is playing in the hands of power companies. Old wires not being replaced.  Load increased arbitrarily.  Very poor repair service. No work is done without tips. Rampart corruption. Even Central Viggilance seems to be helpless. What will the common man do except revolting against the system?  

S.K. Chandan, 
Chairman 
RWA/ B3A Block 
Janakpuri

Power Tariff

POWER RATES INCREASE IS INEVITABLE WHEN NO AUTHORITY listens and responds to grievances of citizens.NO ONE ANSWERS THE FOLLOWING POINTS MADE TIME IN VARIOUS FORA. I AM REPEATING FOR THE KIND INFORMATION OF ALL THAT :

BADARPUR POWER 100% was meant for delhi and 80% power of dadri plants was for delhi.HOW MUCH WE ARE GETTING.
 
RAJGHAT AND IP STATIONS HAVE BEEN SCRAPPED BUT DID WE PLAN ADDITIONAL GENERATION.
 
EVEN BAWANA PLANT CONCEIVED IN EIGHTEES DID NOT COME UP.
So we are dependent on foreign or neighbouring states including NTPC AND HYRO POWER AGENCIES.
 
THIS COST  ESCALATION   IS DUE TO LACK OF ACTION ON THE PART OF GOVERNMENT AND HENCE GOVERNMENT MUST NOT ONLY BEAR ADDITIONAL BURDEN BUT ALSO ANSWER ABOVE POINTS.
 
KK GHEI 

Steep power tariff hike likely next month

NEW DELHI: Get ready to pay more for the power you consume. Delhi's electricity regulator has confirmed that it would announce new power tariffs in the first half of July along with a new code spelling out penalties on distribution companies if they fail to deliver services on time.

Sources said the tariff revision to be announced by Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission could be more than last year's 22% hike. While north Delhi discom Tata Delhi Power has sought an 18% rise, BSES Rajdhani wants a hike of 20% and BSES Yamuna has asked for a 27% increase in consumer tariffs.


with thanks : Economic Times : LINK

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Massive Power cuts in East Delhi from 30th June expected

BSES has not maintained its LC with NTPC. As a result, NTPC has threatened to cut the Power supply to BSES from 30th June and therefore, massive Power cuts are expected in East Delhi areas from that date.

DERC chief hints at power tariff hike

For a third time in last 10 months, the power tariffs in the national capital are set to burn a hole in consumer’s pocket again.
The Delhi Electricity Regulatory Authority (DERC) chairman, P.D. Sudhakar, on Tuesday hinted of a power tariff hike from the first week of July.
Citing the losses of the private power companies (discoms), Mr Sudhakar said that the demands made by the discoms are being reviewed and a result will be out by the end of the this month.
“The BSES Yamuna has demanded the maximum hike of 27.8 per cent, BSES Rajdhani has demanded a hike of 19.8 per cent and Tata Power Limited (former NDPL) has sought a hike of 19.7 per cent in the power tariffs. These companies are suffering losses as the price of coal is going up and power purchase price is higher than the distribution price. Some of these companies has even taken loans to survive,” Mr Sudhakar said.

He further said that the demands of these private power companies will be reviewed in this month and a new revised tariff plan may come out by July.

A massive hike of 22 per cent was witnessed in the power tariffs in September 2011; and again in February 2012 a hike of five per cent was declared. The situation worsened as the private discoms sought bailout packages from the government claiming that they are facing huge losses due to the low distribution tariff and higher purchase price.

with thanks : ASIAN AGE : LINK

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

East Delhi RWAs Joint Front met Mayor MCD East

East Delhi RWAs Joint Front ( A Federation of RWAs ), today met, Mayor MCD East Dr. Annapurna Mishra in her office in Udyog Sadan in Patparganj Industrial area & raised various civic issues of East Delhi. Mayor promised that she will personally look into it & resolve. Even though it was a working day, a good number of member RWAs reached the spot on time and we spent over two hours with the Mayor.














Monday, June 18, 2012

Meet the Mayor MCD East : Tomorrow

We have been invited by the Mayor MCD East Dr Annapurna Mishra, tomorrow in her office. Those from East Delhi RWAs Joint Front, who can join us, are requested to confirm immediately by SMS or mail or a call. Plz make two copy's of your request / representation i.e. one for the Mayor and second for the RWABhagidari blog.


Best regards


B S Vohra
East Delhi RWAs Joint Front
( A Federation of RWAs)
www.RWABhagidari.blogspot.in
www.RWABhagidari.com

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Meet with MCD East Mayor has been postponed

The meet with MCD East Mayor has been postponed as she had some other important official programme. A fresh date will be intimated very soon. Inconvenience caused is regretted very much. 

Thanks & rgds

B S Vohra
East Delhi RWAs Joint Front

Friday, June 15, 2012

Meet the MCD East Mayor


East Delhi RWAs Joint Front ( A Federation of RWAs ) & it's member RWAs will meet MCD East Mayor Dr Annapurna Mishra on 17th June at 5 pm to raise the local issues of different areas of East Delhi. If you too wanna join us, please feel free to call us on cell number 9212004471.

Thanks

B S Vohra

Malaria, Dengu Awareness Camp

Shahdara RWA is organising a Malaria, Dengu Awareness Camp on 16th June, Sat, at 10 am at Prajapati Choupal, Doonger mohalla, Shahdara. Please attend.

Rajesh Agarwal
Gen Secy
SRWA

Delhi discoms pitching for 20% tariff increase

Reeling under huge losses, distribution companies in Delhi are looking for another rise of about 20 per cent in power rates in less than a year.

There was a 21 per cent rise in rates in September last year, but despite the increase, discoms, BSES and North Delhi Power Ltd (NDPL), have accumulated losses of about Rs 11,000 crore in the last three years.

Reliance group companies BSES Yamuna Power Ltd and BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd account for around 70 per cent of the power distribution in Delhi city. Private discoms were asking for a 50 per cent increase in rates due to increase in power purchase cost, among other factors. The September hike came after rates were last revised in 2009.

“We are expecting a hike of 19-21 per cent in power rates in the next few months. We have asked DERC (Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission) to look at all factors of cost. The tariffs have to be cost-reflective rise so that discoms stop bleeding,” BSES Rajdhani chief executive officer Gopal Saxena told Business Standard.

with thanks : BUSINESS STANDARD : LINK for detailed news.